Can we talk for a moment about childhood? More specifically breakfast from our childhoods? There was nothing better than being able to wake up and have a massive bowl of your favorite sugary cereal before a long school day. Funny enough, even as I get older, I still kind of feel the same except now school is work and really it’s not just during breakfast that I’m eating cereal. Sugary cereals truly make the world a better place. So imagine my sheer surprise and delight when I came across this gem – Fruity Pebbles Pancakes.
In a word: heaven.
Seriously. Stop what you are doing and go make these. They are that good.
Breakfast is God’s gift to the world. Embrace it. Love it. Gorge out on it.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (250 grams)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 1 single serving breakfast bowl of Fruity Pebbles *
- Pre-heat your griddle to 375° or heat a nonstick sauté pan or skillet over medium heat.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Beat eggs thoroughly. Add the eggs, melted butter and half the milk to the dry ingredients and mix gently until combined. Now stir in the remaining milk until the batter is the desired consistency. Don't overmix! Add Fruity Pebbles.
- Melt butter on the griddle or pan. It should foam and sizzle.
- For each pancake, ladle ¼ cup of batter onto the griddle or pan.
- Cook until the tops of the pancakes are full of bubbles and the bottoms are golden brown.
* You can also add any other cereal. The possibilities are endless. Cap'n Crunch is delicious!
Source: Culinary Arts