I bought a Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker as an impulse sale purchase a few months ago and I had only used it once or twice, so I decided to play Susie Homemaker and make some home made ice cream. I looked online for a Peanut Butter and Banana recipe since it is one of my favorite flavor combinations, but all I kept finding were those non-ice cream, ice cream recipes, you know? After a few frustrating finds, however, I found Amy’s Healthy, Hungry and Happy blog. In her post, she, just like me, had recently purchased a Cuisinart ice cream maker. Her PBB ice cream recipe could not have been easier to understand, more delicious to eat and fun to make (unless you count that part where my mixer started smoking and broke).
I am honestly bananas about this recipe! What ice cream flavor should I make next? I am pretty much game for anything!
Find recipe details at: http://healthyhungryhappy.com/2011/02/peanut-butter-banana-ice-cream/
- 1 1/8 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cup whole milk -- I substituted this with 2% millk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- Mix the peanut butter and sugar together until smooth.
- Add the milk and mix until the sugar dissolves.
- Add heavy cream.
- Using a potato masher, mash three bananas until they were basically baby food. Then, add them to the mix.
- Pour the mix into the ice cream machine for 25 minutes. (Just a side note, we used an electric ice cream maker, therefore froze the freezer bowl prior to making the ice cream for a couple days).
- Drizzle maple syrup and top with chopped nuts to garnish.