Eggo’s have pretty much become a staple food group in my apartment. Not only are they delicious, but they come in a variety of flavors, they are easy to make and my boyfriend loves them! I find myself incorporating Eggo’s (or waffles in general — let’s not discriminate) into my breakfast at least three times a week. It got me thinking the other day– what other cool recipes can I incorporate Eggo’s into? I stumbled upon this delicious Pinterest Board that contains a plethora of amazing ideas! Here are three of my favorite:
- 8 Eggo Homestyle waffles
- 8-12 slices bacon
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 4-6 lettuce leaves
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup fresh basil, chopped fine
- 1 cup fresh dill, chopped fine
- Prepare herb spread by combining mayo, garlic, basil, and dill. Cover and refrigerate.
- Place strips of bacon on a cookie sheet lined with foil. Place in cold oven.
- Turn oven to 400 degrees and set the timer for 17 minutes.
- When timer goes off, remove cookie sheets from the oven and transfer bacon to a paper towel lined plate (allow grease on foil to cool completely).
- Double toast waffles.
- Prepare sandwiches by spreading 2 tablespoons of herb spread on each waffle.
- Top with bacon slices, tomato slices, and lettuce leaves. T
- op with another waffle. Serve immediately.
You can find this recipe at: http://www.mostlyhomemademom.com/2013/04/waffle-blt-with-fresh-herb-spread.html
- 5 Eggo Homestyle Waffles, cut in to small pieces
- 1 pound lean ground Beef
- 1-2 tablespoons Taco Seasoning (I prefer Trader Joes Brand)
- 1 can Original Rotel Tomatoes
- 1 can Pinto Beans, drained
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar Cheese
- taco toppings: chopped onion, tomato, lettuce, avocado, cilantro, sour cream (whatever you would top your taco with)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Chop waffles into small pieces.
- Place waffle pieces in a pie plate place in oven set timer for 15 minutes.
- While waffles are in the oven brown the ground beef add in tomatoes, drained pinto beans, and taco seasoning let simmer and reduce, use spatula to break up large pieces of meat and break up beans.
- When waffles are done remove meat from stove top and spoon over waffles, cover with cheese. Place back in oven for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and starting to brown.
- Cut into 6 pie shaped pieces and serve with taco fixings.
Find the recipe at: http://www.eat2gather.net/2013/04/uncategorized/taco-pie/
- Nutragrain Eggo waffles
- fresh fruit
- 1/3 block of cream cheese
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Cut and wash fresh fruit.
- Mix together cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla.
- Toast the waffles.
- Spread cream cheese mixture on toasted waffles.
- Add fresh fruit.
Find recipe at : http://thehappyhousewife.com/cooking/fruit-pizza-waffle/