If there is one potluck item that my group of friends can rely on me for it is Cowboy Caviar. I have been cooking since I was tall enough to reach the microwave. I am not really sure how a Cowboy Caviar recipe came to be in the Perez Family Kitchen, but my sister became the first person to perfect this easy-to-make, delicious treat.
Through the years, lots of changes have been made to the recipe, but one thing has remained the same– it is still the best snack with the shortest prep time! So with Cinco de Mayo coming up, I thought I would share my perfect party snack recipe so that you can this holiday DELICIOSO!
What is YOUR go to quick and tasty recipe for parties, dinners and just hanging out with friends? Tell us in the comments below.
- 2 11oz. cans of Mexicorn
- 2 15oz. cans of black beans
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
- 2 Hass avocadoes, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped (if you really like cilantro, which i do)
- 1 lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt + Pepper, to taste
- Drain two cans of mexicorn
- Drain two cans of black beans, rinse one out completely
- Chop red onion, cilantro and Hass avocados
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl
- Add lime juice, EVOO, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper
- Toss and refrigerate until ready to be taken out